WebToffee provides you the options to purchase the license for a Single site, up to 5 sites, or up to 25 sites. The plugin installation process consists of 4 simple steps.
- Step 1: Go to My Account > “API Downloads” tab and download the plugin.
- Note: If you have the basic/free version already installed, please Deactivate and Delete the Basic Version before installing Premium Version to avoid any conflict. Your plugin settings will be retained on your website.
- Step 2: Install the downloaded plugin into your WordPress / WooCommerce Site.
- Step 3: You will get an Activation Key and Activation Email at My Account -> “API Keys”.
- Step 4: Go to your site admin and the Settings page of the plugin and activate it using email and key.
Detailed instructions on how to install a plugin on your WordPress website are given in the following sections.
Section 1 of this article will guide you through the step-by-step instructions to Download, Install and Activate the Premium Plugin after purchase.
Section 2 of this article will guides you through the step-by-step instructions to Download and Install the Free/Basic version of the Plugin.
FAQ section of this article will help you to resolve some of the issues customers face during the installation process.
SECTION 1: PREMIUM PLUGIN
Steps to Download the Premium Plugin from WebToffee
- After purchasing the plugin, Go to My Account section in WebToffee.
- Login with your credentials which are used to purchase the plugin. The login screen is as shown below:
3. After Logging in, navigate to API Downloads as shown below:
4. Click Download to download the plugin package ZIP file. It gets downloaded as shown below:
Note: If you are using Mac OS Safari Browser to download the plugin and facing issues, please refer Q3 from FAQ section down below.
Steps to Install the Plugin
After downloading the ZIP file, you need to install it on your website in order to use the plugin.
- Login to your WordPress site admin using your admin credentials as shown below:
2. Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New.
3. Click on the Upload Plugin button as shown below:
4. The window appears as shown below:
5. Click on Choose File to browse the plugin ZIP file. It is as shown below:
6. Select the Zip file and click open. Click Install Now. The window appears as shown below:
7. After installing, proceed to activate the plugin. the window appears as shown below:
8. On activation, the Plugins Page appear as shown below:
9. Click on Import Export or Settings link (according to the plugin you are using) to go to the Admin settings of the plugin.
Steps to Activate the License of Premium Plugin
Once the plugin is installed, you can activate it by using the API Key provided by WebToffee in My Account to get the timely update notification.
- To get API Licence Key and Email, go to My Account of WebToffee and navigate to API Key as shown below:
2. Navigate to Plugin Admin Settings Page. Use this API Key and Email and enter these details under the Licence Activation tab of Plugin Settings. It appears as shown below:
3. Click on Activate. That’s it! You can now begin configuring the plugin according to your needs.
Steps to Update the Premium Plugin to the Latest Version
Once the plugin update is available, you will get an update notification on the Plugins page as shown below:
Click update now to update the plugin to the latest version.
If in case you are not seeing any update notification on the plugins page, you can download the latest version of the plugin from the API Downloads section in WebToffee and upload the zip file of the latest version
Note: If you have installed the basic version of the WordPress plugin, then deactivate and delete it first before installing the Premium version. Your existing settings of the plugin remains intact after updating the plugin.
SECTION 2: BASIC / FREE PLUGIN.
Steps to Download and Install the Free/Basic Plugin.
You can install the basic version of the plugin from the WordPress.org.
There are two ways with which you can install the free version of a plugin from WordPress.org. First is to install the plugin directly from the Add New Plugin page of your WordPress website. In the second method, you can install and activate by uploading the zip of the plugin.
Let’s see how each of these methods in detail.
In the first method to install a free plugin from the WordPress plugin directory, you do not even have to leave your website. You can install the plugin by going to Plugins > Add New. This will take you to the Add Plugins page. From here, you can type n the name of the plugin that you want to install in the search box.
After you have found your plugin, you can click on the Install button. After the installation of the plugin, you will be shown the Activate button which you click on to activate the plugin. After activation, you can configure and use the plugin on your website.
In the second method, where you can install and activate the plugin by uploading the zip, you need to download the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory or any other source. It is highly recommended to use free plugins only from the WordPress plugin directory, which will not be a problem as there are plenty in the directory itself.
To download a free plugin, click on the required plugin after navigating to the required free plugin page. The window appears as shown below:
Click on the Download button.
After downloading the ZIP file, you need to install it into your website in order to use the plugin. For detailed information, see the topic Steps to Install the Plugin.
Steps to Update the Free/Basic Plugin to the Latest Version.
Updating a free plugin is easier than installing it. All you need to do is go to the Plugins page from the admin side of your WordPress website and check if there are any update notification for the corresponding plugin. If there are any updates, the notification in the WordPress plugin page.
From this notification, you will have a direct link to update the plugin. Click on the Update now link, and the plugin will be updated within a minute.
If in any case, you are unable to update the plugin from the Plugins page, you can update the plugin by uploading the zip file of the latest version of the plugin. Remove the existing installed version of the plugin from your WordPress site before uploading the latest version. You need to deactivate and delete the plugin. Otherwise, you will end up getting ‘Destination folder already exists‘ error.
- Deactivate the plugin by clicking Deactivate as shown below:
2. Once you have Deactivated the plugin, you get Delete option as shown below:
2. For the next procedure, please continue from Step 2 of How to install WordPress/WooCommerce plugin to your WordPress website?
Note: Your existing settings of the plugin remains intact while updating the plugin.
Q1: How to download Premium WordPress/WooCommerce plugin from WebToffee?
Please refer to the article section, Steps to Download the Premium Plugin from WebToffee.
Q2: How to install Free WordPress/WooCommerce plugin?
Please refer to the article section, Steps to Download and Install the Free/Basic Plugin.
Q3: I see a bunch of files instead of plugin zip after download.
Invalid plugin message during install.
Solution: If you are using Safari browser in Mac, sometimes plugin zip will be automatically extracted by Safari while downloading. To solve this, please follow below steps before downloading plugin:
– Open Safari.
– Click Preferences.
– Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading.
– Download the plugin zip again.
Q4: Do your WooCommerce plugins work on WordPress multisite?
Yes. You have to Install the WooCommerce plugin & Our plugin at the network level (DONT Activate).
And Activate WooCommerce & Our plugin and the individual site level.
Q5: I still face issues with plugin even after following this document.
Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you and resolve any issues asap.
Check out these high-quality WooCommerce plugins available at our Marketplace.